This is a step by step installation process for MARS (Microsoft Access Report Scheduler).
- Before beginning the installation, please ensure that ALL of the prerequisites listed on the MARS Prerequisites page have been met. This ensures that MARS runs as expected. Failure to meet the listed prerequisites may result in errors occurring.
- Except for trial users, Installation and Configuration of MARS on a new machine are not part of normal technical support. If assistance is needed or requested during the MARS installation or configuration process, Professional Services can help for a nominal consultation fee.
- A reboot of the MARS machine will be required after installation is complete.
Preparing for the Installation
These steps must be completed prior to running the MARS installer.
After downloading and extracting the latest build/version of MARS, perform the following steps:
User Account Control
- If you are installing MARS for the first time on this machine, turn off the User Account Control (UAC). You can turn it back on once the installation of MARS has completed.
Unblock the MARS installer
- Open the appropriate MARS version/build folder.
This is most likely located in your Downloads folder.
- Highlight and then right-click the MARSSetup file.
- On the General tab, click Unblock in the lower right corner.
If Unblock is not present, the MARS installer is already unblocked.
Some security features, such as Windows SmartScreen, can block certain files or flag them as potentially unwanted. If the MARS installer is run without being unblocked, MARS will not run properly.
Change the Compatibility Settings
- On the Properties window for the MARSSetupX that you opened in the previous step, click the Compatibility tab.
- In the Settings section at the bottom of the window, ensure that Run this program as an administrator has a check next to it. If it does not, check it.
You must perform this step even if you are logged in as an Administrator or have Administrative rights on this computer.
Beginning the Installation
To install the latest build/version of MARS, perform the following steps:
- Right-click the MARSSetupX and select Run as Administrator.
- Click on the Yes on the Install Core PreRequisite? pop-up window.
- Click Next on the Welcome message.
- Carefully read the License Agreement.
Once you have fully read and understand the License Agreement, click the radio button next to I accept the terms in the license agreement. Then, click Next.
If you do not accept the terms of the license agreement, you will not be able to proceed with the installation.
- Now, you will see the Select Destination Folder screen. You can choose to leave the default destination folder that is currently listed or select your own. Click Next.
Leaving the default destination as the destination folder is recommended.
- You should now see a Ready to Install window detailing the current settings for the MARS installation. These details include the destination folder you chose in Step 10, as well as the Disk Space Requirements for the MARS installation.
- Click Next.
The Disk Space Requirements will vary from build to build. This is only the amount of disk space that is required for the installation/components of MARS
- Allow the MARS installation to complete. You do not need to click anything during this process.
- When the Setup Wizard Complete screen appears, click Finish.
- At this time, you may see a pop-up stating that you will need to restart your computer in order to complete the MARS installation. Click OK.
Should you not receive this message (below) you will need to manually reboot the machine at this time.
MARS is now successfully installed on this machine.
The first time you open MARS, you will need to configure the MARS database. This is where MARS will store the information regarding the schedules you set up within the software.
Select how you want to install the MARS database to proceed with the database installation steps.