In MARS, you have the option to configure many different aspects of how the software performs. You can access these configuration options by clicking the Options button at the top of MARS. The first tab is labeled "General".
Options - General
- Go to Options.
- Select General.
In MARS, you have the option to configure many different aspects of how the software performs. You can access the configuration options by clicking the Options button at the top of MARS. This will bring up an Options window. The first tab, the General tab, is broken down into four sections: User Experience, Error Handling, and Misc. Below, we will take a closer look at each of these sections.
- Customer #: The value that should be listed here is your individual customer number, which is provided by ChristianSteven when you purchase MARS. It identifies you in our billing and tech support system and allows you to log support tickets through MARS itself. Once you receive your customer number from ChristianSteven, you should input it here (if it is not already listed).
If you are using the free trial version of MARS, no value will be listed here and this field will be left blank until you purchase MARS. If you are experiencing issues with MARS during your free trial, contact your Sales Manager. You will be unable to log a support ticket through MARS.
- Automatically Refresh Desktop: When viewing the MARS desktop (especially when using Detail option), this option will refresh the screen at the interval of seconds you specify. This will allow you to see an up to date status of your schedules at a glance without having to refresh the system manually.
- Only convert remote paths to UNC: This setting instructs MARS only to convert remote paths to UNC. This option helps prevent any path resolution problems you may otherwise have. Local paths are not affected if you are a system administrator. (network or shared paths)
- Use the Process Watcher for manual executions: The Process Watcher is a monitoring facility for manually executed schedules.
- Use Relative time: This setting lets you select whether timings should be displayed and saved in the time zone of the scheduler or the time zone of the user(if they are different).
The Error Handling section tells MARS what to do when MARS encounters a problem. You can choose between the following options:
- Send an Email: Choose to be notified by email if a report fails to run successfully. You can specify any email address in this field as long as it is valid.
- Send an SMS: Choose to receive an SMS text message on your cellphone if a report fails to run successfully. This can be any phone number as long as it is valid.
- Close Oops Messages after X Seconds: Automatically close any error messages after a specified amount of time.
An error log file is stored in the installation folder (typically, Program Files\Christiansteven\MARS). You can also view the log file from the System Monitor.
- Sync User Defaults across all clients: If you have multiple installations of MARS and all of them are connected to the same database, you can select this checkbox to sync the User Defaults on this installation of MARS with the other installations.
- Check printer status before printing: Click this options in order to check the printer status to print your report.