This is a step by step installation process for SQL-RD.
- Before beginning the installation, please ensure that ALL of the prerequisites listed on the SQL-RD Prerequisites page have been met. This ensures that SQL-RD runs as expected. Failure to meet the listed prerequisites may result in errors occurring.
- A reboot of the SQL-RD server will be required after installation is complete.
Preparing for the Installation
These steps must be completed prior to running the SQL-RD installer.
After downloading and extracting the latest build/version of SQL-RD, perform the following steps:
User Account Control
- If you are installing SQL-RD for the first time on this server, turn off the User Account Control (UAC). You can turn it back on once the installation of SQL-RD has completed.
Unblock the SQL-RD installer
- Open the appropriate SQL-RD version/build folder.
This is most likely located in your Downloads folder.
- Highlight and then right-click the SQLRDSetup file.
- Click Properties.
- On the General tab, click Unblock in the lower right corner.
If Unblock is not present, the SQL-RD installer is already unblocked.
Some security features, such as Windows SmartScreen, can block certain files or flag them as potentially unwanted. If the SQL-RD installer is run without being unblocked, SQL-RD will not run properly.
- Click Apply.
- Click OK.
Beginning the Installation
To install the latest build/version of SQL-RD, perform the following steps:
- Double-click the SQLRDSetupX.
- Click Unzip.
- Click Next.
- Check I have read and understood the prerequisites document checkbox and click Next on Requirements Wizard.
- Click on the Yes on the Install Core PreRequisite? pop-up window.
- Click Next on the Welcome message.
- Carefully read the License Agreement.
Once you have fully read and understood the License Agreement, click the radio button next to I accept the terms in the license agreement. Then, click Next.
If you do not accept the terms of the license agreement, you will not be able to proceed with the installation.
- Now, you will see the Select Destination Folder screen. You can choose to leave the default destination folder that is currently listed or select your own. Click Next.
Leaving the default destination as the destination folder is recommended.
- You should now see a Ready to Install window detailing the current settings for the SQL-RD installation. These details include the destination folder you chose in Step 10, as well as the Disk Space Requirements for the SQL-RD installation.
- Click Next.
The Disk Space Requirements will vary from build to build. This is only the amount of disk space that is required for the installation/components of SQL-RD
- Allow the SQL-RD installation to complete. You do not need to click anything during this process.
- When the Setup Wizard Complete screen appears, click Finish and it will start SQL-RD.
- At this time, you may see a pop-up stating that you will need to restart your computer in order to complete the SQL-RD installation. Click OK.
Should you not receive this message (below) you will need to manually reboot the server at this time.
- SQL-RD is now successfully installed on this server.
The first time you open SQL-RD, you will need to configure the SQL-RD database. This is where SQL-RD will store the information regarding the schedules you set up within the software.
Select how you want to install the SQL-RD database to proceed with the database installation steps.