Using the Email Destination you can send Crystal reports embedded in emails; or send emails in HTML or plain text with reports as attachments. You can use Inserts to customize the message body, use mailing lists & much more.
Destinations - Email
- In the Schedule Wizard, go to Destinations.
- Click Add and select Email.
To, CC, and BCC:
- Choose from:
- MAPI (Outlook) address book (Only available if you are using MAPI): Select one or more email addresses or groups.
- CRD Address Book: Select one or more email addresses or groups.
- Database Source: Build a SQL query to pick the email address or addresses from a database.
- Text File: Store your email addresses as a standard mailing list in a text file (Format: no delimiters, each email address on a new line)
- Or simply type in the email address.
You can use "Inserts" at any time if required. For more information about Inserts, click here.
- Subject: Enter a subject Or right-click and select Insert to insert constants, database values and defaults. For more information on Insert function, click here.
- Attach: Click to select an attachment. Or right-click and select Insert to insert constants, database values and defaults. For more information on Insert function, click here.
Hint: Web addresses can be attached as well.
- Body: Type in your email. Or right-click and select Insert to insert constants, database values and email defaults. For more information on Insert function, click here.
- Mail Format: Choose from HTML or Text.
- Text Format: In this format it will be just plain message.
- HTML Format: In this format you can format the message.
- You can enter HTML tags by click the HTML icon.
- Body Style (CSS): If you want to specify the format that you want, click CSS and you may choose the type of format and change setting accordingly.
- Embed Report: Check this option to embed the report into the email body. When using MAPI messaging you can only embed reports in Text format. To embed reports in HTML format you will need to change your messaging type to SMTP.
- You can click (...) button to edit the output format options as required.
- By default, if a report is embedded in the email body, there will be no attachment.
- If you are uncertain whether the recipient can read html formatted mails, you can click Include Attachment so that the recipient receives an additional attachment of the same report in any other format e.g. a PDF, word document, etc.
- Mail Server: This can be changed if the email is to be sent from a different server than the default one that was originally set up.
- Delivery receipt: Check this option if a delivery receipt is required. Use it if you require Custom Actions to be used once a receipt has been/has not been received.
- Customize Sender Details: This is where the name of the sender and the sender email may be changed. For example, it could be set to Donotreply@mycompany.com.
For information on format tab, click here.
For information on naming tab, click here.