Export Crystal reports to Excel & automatically deliver them to an FTP site, send them in emails, or deliver them to any number of other destinations. CRD lets you customize them before delivery. Here's how.
- This article describes how to export Crystal Reports to the following formats:
- MS Excel - Data Only (*.xls)
- MS Excel 7 (*.xls)
- MS Excel 8 (*.xls)
- MS Excel 97-2000 (*.xls)
- MS Excel Workbook - Data Only (*.xlsx)
MS Excel - Data Only (*.xls) outputs for Crystal Reports
MS Excel 7 (*.xls) outputs for Crystal Reports
MS Excel 8 (*.xls) outputs for Crystal Reports
MS Excel 97-2000 (*.xls) outputs for Crystal Reports
MS Excel Workbook - Data Only (*.xlsx) outputs for Crystal Reports
The output format is selected as part of the Destinations setup for each destination type. The tab above can be found in the Destinations section of a schedule.
- The general options are self explanatory.
- Excel option require that you have MS Office 2000 or above installed and you have applied the very latest service pack for your version of MS Office.
- When Crystal exports reports to excel it names the worksheet "Sheet 1". Enter a new name in the indicated field if you wish to overwrite this.
- Excel Group Bursting: This facility enables you to burst each resulting report group into an individual worksheet, and present your report as a number of worksheets in a single workbook. Simply check the option and tell CRD what database column or Crystal formula your group is based on.
- Each group value will be listed as separate tab in your work book.
Group values must be within Group Header of your Report.
This feature is not related to the Bursting Schedule. In order to burst a report completely, please see Bursting Schedule
- Workbook Password: Password protect your workbook by checking this option and entering the desired password.
- Freeze Panes: This option 'freezes' the first column/row of the worksheet. The frozen column/row will remain visible as the user scrolls through the worksheet. By default this is set to Freeze None.
Data Only (Crystal 11 or later)
- This feature is available if you are running Crystal 11 runtimes or later.
- Use this option to select to export all pages or just a selection.
- Determine file summary by filling in the required properties as illustrated above.
- If properties are not filled in or are left blank, the original properties which exist in the exported report will be preserved. To overwrite these with a blank, enter a space in the field you wish to overwrite.
These options determine how the exported file will be name:
- This is the option where you named the output file.
- Default Naming Convention: CRD will name the output file in the following format: reportname.format extension, e.g. Catalog Report.pdf.
- Customize the output file name: Choose your own filename or right-click and use the Insert Function to insert a value.
- Customize output extension: Choose your own extension. This is useful for system integration. For example, the default extension for a character separated file is "CSV," but you can give your export an extension of "txt" so that the file can be read by another already existing system you may have. You may also right-click and use the Insert Function to insert a value.
- Append date/time: This is useful for the following reasons:
- If the filename is the same each time, and it is being exported to the same folder each time, then it will be overwritten by the latest one each time. By appending date and time to the filename, each file remains unique, and no files are overwritten.
- You can track which reports ran and when they ran by looking at what the report is named.
- Compress (ZIP) Output: Zips the output. Ability to use .zip encryption as well.
- Zip File Encryption: Check the option to encrypt and password protect the zip file.
- Defer Delivery: The report will be generated at the scheduled time, but will not be delivered to the specified destination until later.
- For more information, go to Deferred Delivery